Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Rosetta Opening Warning

When I try to open a non Apple Silicon app the notice which comes up names the wrong app being opened. Here when I opened Kindle Classic (I have not actually opened any non Apple Silicon apps yet, just cancelled) earlier the notice seems to be stuck on it and not naming the actual app I clicked on in Launchpad.

I have Macbook pro 14" M3 14.4.1.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 5, 2024 4:46 AM

7 replies

May 5, 2024 10:30 AM in response to omits

omits wrote:

When I try to open a non Apple Silicon app the notice which comes up names the wrong app being opened. Here when I opened Kindle Classic (I have not actually opened any non Apple Silicon apps yet, just cancelled) earlier the notice seems to be stuck on it and not naming the actual app I clicked on in Launchpad.
I have Macbook pro 14" M3 14.4.1.

You can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

May 5, 2024 2:40 PM in response to omits

Rosetta allows the running of Intel apps using partial translation, partial emulation, for a good user experience even for most older intel Apps.

Rosetta is not something to be feared. Go ahead and download it. It does NOTHING unless you launch an Intel App, then it goes to work and makes running that older intel app as smooth as possible.

May 6, 2024 6:38 AM in response to omits

The response of most users when they see their FIRST such message is to download Rosetta.

After that, they will NEVER see a second message like that again, so whether a second message contains a reference to the correct second Application or not is will never be seen.

Now that it has been reported, Apple can prioritize that with everything else they are working on. Maybe it will be fixed some day.

Rosetta Opening Warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.