Why was I asked to pay to add my AirTag to Find My iPhone?

I just bought an Air Tag from Apple, I just installed Find My App from the Apple Store on my iPhone 11. It cannot find my new Air Tag and it was supposed to be for FREE, but immediately they are asking me for $2.99 per month. How can I uninstall FIND MY APP , I do not see any uninstalling options?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

AirTag

Posted on May 7, 2024 1:49 PM

8 replies

May 7, 2024 2:39 PM in response to Ike_C

An iPhone already has the Apple Find My app installed, you did not need to purchase it from the Apple App Store. I suggest that you remove this app, and use the one that came with your phone.

To uninstall an app, press and hold down on the app's icon. You should then see the option to remove it.

Ref:

May 7, 2024 3:16 PM in response to Ike_C

If you're having trouble with your Air Tag and want to uninstall the Find My app, unfortunately, you can't delete it like a regular app. Instead, you can disable it by going to your iPhone settings, selecting your Apple ID, tapping "Find My," and toggling off "Find My iPhone." This should stop any prompts for payment. If you still have issues, consider reaching out to Apple Support for help.

Why was I asked to pay to add my AirTag to Find My iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.