Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Is there a way to combine all my scattered music libraries into one in Apple Music app?

Am using MacBook Pro running Sonoma 14.4.1

And my music app on the Mac is Apple's Music ver. 14.4.48

Having to add multiple ext. HDs over time to my Mac, I've realized that I now have multiple Music libraries scattered over multiple HDs, and they're not all the same. Some are missing songs, some have audio files that should be there, yada yada yada.

Surely there must be a way to combine all the music files into one directory and start fresh? By fresh I mean that once I have all the files in one place, I'll clear my Music app of all songs, change its directory to a new directory, then import the files.

Is there any way to do this easily? An app, a feature of Music I'm not familiar with ?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 8, 2024 10:39 AM

1 reply

May 8, 2024 11:19 AM in response to SergioQ

Yes, its a simple matter of starting the Apple Music App with the option key held down, and select the "Create Library" option at the bottom of the popup that appears to create new blank library.

Then with the blank library opened, go to the Music Menu ➜ Settings ➜ Files and make sure "Keep Music Folder Organized" and "Copy files to Music Media folder when adding to library" are checked.

Exit settings, and start dragging the music files on your drives and other locations into the Music App and the App will automatically do the rest.

Once everything is in the library and can be accessed and played correctly, you can delete them from the locations you dragged them from.

Is there a way to combine all my scattered music libraries into one in Apple Music app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.