update on my Mac.

I cannot download the new update on my Mac. It keeps searching and searching and not downloading

This happened after changing the account

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on May 8, 2024 2:08 PM

1 reply

May 9, 2024 4:48 AM in response to razan203

razan203 wrote:

I cannot download the new update on my Mac. It keeps searching and searching and not downloading
This happened after changing the account

Part 1 of 2

Update as in Monterey 12.7.3 to Monterey 12.7.4 ?

Or do you mean an upGrade from Monterey macOS 12 to macOS 13 Ventura or possible macOS 14 Sonoma ?

The two are not one and the same thing

Part 2 of 2

The Age of this computer will Govern what newer version of macOS it will Qualify to install. 

Use About this Mac from the Apple Icon on Desktop - the required Information will be there.

Does this computer appear as Listed and qualifying for an upGrade to a newer version of macOS ? 

With the above information in-hand - follow this How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install.

Safari will open a redirect and open the Apple Store where the download can commence.

If Yes, suggest having at least 50 GB of Empty Space on the drive.

It will allow the Full Version ( about 12.xx GB ) to download, then expand and then commence to install.

If there is Third Party Security Software installed - remove it.

It will interfere with both the download and installation process.

The below links will help identify which version of macOS  this computer may Qualify to run.

macOS Sonoma is compatible with these computers

Computer Qualifying for macOS 13 Ventura 

Computer Qualify for the Monterey upgrade

Always make a Time Machine Backup  before doing any upDates / upGrades 

update on my Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.