Battery health suspiciously low

I’ve had my iPhone 15 pro for 5 months and it’s gone through 230 cycles and it’s at 98 percent health is that good? It just happened today all of a sudden and just wanna make sure it’s okay I’ve heard the 15s are supposed to have a way better battery health and I’ve seen people with a 13 have there’s at 98 after a year I’ve always limited the charging to 80 and only let it die a few times when I wasn’t able to charge it

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on May 9, 2024 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2024 7:48 AM

Batteries degrade over time with usage due to chemical aging, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone. This is an approximation, that is why it may be plus or minus a few percent on a month to month basis.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%. To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Service - Apple Support

About Lithium Ion Batteries

iPhone battery and performance - Apple Support (IN)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2024 7:48 AM in response to IanCampbell9464

Batteries degrade over time with usage due to chemical aging, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone. This is an approximation, that is why it may be plus or minus a few percent on a month to month basis.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%. To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Service - Apple Support

About Lithium Ion Batteries

iPhone battery and performance - Apple Support (IN)

Battery health suspiciously low

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.