Annoying pop up window

Such alert will pop up every 10 minutes or so, after I answer: "don't open app"

How to get rid of this?

Mac mini, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 9, 2024 8:07 AM

6 replies

May 10, 2024 5:27 AM in response to andrius_v

Yes, that information is very helpful. The presence of "CleanMyMac" complicates things for that person though. Using it can corrupt a Mac to the point that erasing it is the only practicable solution.

Let's try obtaining the additional information I alluded to earlier. EtreCheck can provide a comprehensive report and may help identify the culprit. Read about it here: How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report - Apple Community. Post that report in accordance with those instructions, and I will attempt to provide additional suggestions.

May 9, 2024 11:38 AM in response to John Galt

Thanks for replying, John! It's too complicated to read now as it's a late evening here, I will postpone it for tomorrow. However in my alert it says smth different from yours: "App «ServiceExtension» differ from the versions you opened before. Are you sure you want to open it?" And the choices are: "Confirm enter/Don't enter". Every time I chose "Don't enter" and it reappears in some while.

May 9, 2024 11:58 AM in response to andrius_v

Thank you for the translation. As you determined the problem is that neither one of those options will actually do anything. An app with the name "ServiceExtension" almost certainly does not exist on that Mac, so searching a file by that name will be futile. The popup window will just continue to appear no matter what you do.

The User Tip describes how to get rid of it. If you need help, open the three folders it describes, and post the screenshots corresponding to them. I will show you the files responsible for its appearance, and what to do about them.

Or, additional investigation will be required, and we can proceed accordingly.

Annoying pop up window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.