Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

I am unable to find my iPad and cannot use "Find My"

I am not able to find my iPad and cannot use find my.Please help with tracking since the last shown update was may7

i need help since I left my iPad uncharged and find my doesn’t connect anymore I am very confused on what’s going on rn and my mother told me some robberies were in the area

[Edited by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 9, 2024 2:21 PM

4 replies

May 9, 2024 2:23 PM in response to pranjal259

Start here:

Locate a device in Find My on iPad - Apple Support

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive or without an active network connection for more than 24 hours, the last known location may not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad have been lost.

May 10, 2024 12:14 AM in response to Flooye

Flooye wrote:

I’m in similar situation. My Find My is enabled on my iPad Pro but it doesn’t have an E-sim or internet unless connected to one. It took me about 11 hours to realize it was missing and by the time I tried finding it with the app it was no longer part of the registered devices. Any hope of finding it ?

Something here doesn't stack-up...

Devices do not just "disappear" from your device list - unless manually deleted (by you), or if Find My has been disabled (requiring knowledge of the device Passcode and your AppleID Password).

As described, your iPad is now unrecoverable using technical means.

I am unable to find my iPad and cannot use "Find My"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.