mail issue

Hi all, I have an issue I haven't had before. I have an iMac and use the mail app that came with the Mac. I use btinternet.com as the host server. Over the last couple of days, I have had glitchy emails and was logged out by the system (using the Mac mail). Having spoken to BT, I am now logged back into the online BT mail app but I am still locked out of the Mac mail, which asks me for a password. I have no idea what this might be or where it might be, as I have never had to do this before. What do I do? Does anyone have a similar experience and if so did you find a solution?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 10, 2024 9:35 AM

1 reply

May 10, 2024 11:37 AM in response to Vdubbman

Apple Mail uses the same password for your btinternet.com . If you don't know what your e-mail password then you may need to reset it with btinternet.com .

In your Mail app go to:

• Mail (tab)
  • Settings
  • Accounts
  • Select the btinternet.com account on the left pane and enter your btinternet.com password where it is being asked for.

Also, as it seems you may be having trouble remembering your password (you likely have many many many to manage) then you should seriously consider getting a password manager app such as 1Password. This will help you manage all of your passwords and critical information. There are many password managers to select from, I just happen to use 1Password and like it. If you are interested go to 1Password.com

mail issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.