voicemail deleted 17.5 update

Last night I updated my iPhone 13 Pro to iOS 17.5. This morning, I discovered all my voicemail messages and my voicemail greeting had been deleted. Is there a fix for this problem?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on May 14, 2024 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2024 9:13 AM

I just rebooted my iPhone and all of my voicemails are back!

10 replies

May 15, 2024 12:10 PM in response to GarNone

I rebooted my iPhone, but none of the voicemail messages came back. Then I called into my voicemail. Dialing *86 on the Verizon network, and a few of my messages came back, but not all of them. This is a problem.

So frustrating, I usually wait at least a week to upgrade for new iOS versions, but this time I immediately upgraded because I was anxious for Siri to get fixed so that it stops duplicating words when you dictate.

May 14, 2024 7:14 AM in response to GarNone

As I haven’t seen any other reports of it, the fix should be with your phone or your carrier as voicemail is a carrier-provided service. The first thing to check is with your carrier, and ask if they have a voicemail outage. What you can check:

• Voicemail requires cellular data, so make sure cellular data is on
  • Go to Down Detector - Crowdsourced Outage Check and see if other users have reported a problem
  • Log in to your carrier’s voicemail server (the instructions should be on their website, but it is usually done by opening the Phone app, go to the dial pad, and hold the “1” for 2 seconds, or call your own number)
  • See if the messages are still on the server.

voicemail deleted 17.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.