Final Cut Pro on two Apple ID's

I have two Apple ID's, one for my personal device (cell phone/ipad) and the other for my work (company owned) Macbook. I'm wondering if I purchase Final Cut Pro under my personal Apple ID, can I install it on my work computer (under a different Apple ID?) I hope to one day own a personal Macbook where I would install the Final Cut Pro software, but don't want to purchase it twice under separate Apple ID's unnecessarily. Hopefully this question makes sense. Not looking to cheat the system...I just don't want to personally buy it for a device that I don't actually own (work computer). Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted on May 15, 2024 6:18 PM

4 replies

May 16, 2024 6:27 AM in response to mlussier

If this is your employer's Macbook, is the employer paying for FCP? It sounds like you intend to buy & install personal software (FCP in this case) on your employer's computer. Among other things you should check your employer's policy about software that is allowed on a work computer.

It's best not to mix personal & business use on an employer's computer.

Final Cut Pro on two Apple ID's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.