Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Battery health dropping drastically ( iphone 14)

I bought iPhone 14 in November 2023. My first battery drop was in January. I noticed one thing that whenever my battery health drops it drops 2 percentage in a week. So it became 98%.

but in ios 17.4.1 update within two months it dropped to 94 percentage. Now after updating 17.5 it dropped to 93% .

My average screen time is 7+ hours and i do charge 2 times a day.

Is it normal to lose this much battery health in just 6 months ?

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on May 16, 2024 5:53 AM

4 replies

May 21, 2024 7:56 PM in response to volcanree

Battery Health drop is no linear and one can expect at least a 1% drop in battery health per month, so your battery is certainly within the range one can anticipate. It can remain steady for a while, drop a point or two. There's only one direction Battery Health goes and that is down. Based on what you've posted, there doesn't appear to be anything to be concerned about. When the day comes that the health of your battery dips to 80%, which it absolutely will, it will then be time to pay Apple to replace the battery.

Until then, things you should do:

1. Avoid letting the battery ever fully deplete or go below 20%
  2. Plug your phone in to charge at night when you go to bed and leave it plugged in all night, every night with Optimized Battery Charging turned in Settings > Battery > Battery Health
  3. Stop worrying over the natural decline in batteries. It's what batteries do. ALL BATTERIES.

Battery health dropping drastically ( iphone 14)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.