Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

iPhone app tracking

Why am I unable to turn on app tracking on iPhone? Tracking is grayed out and I’m unable to toggle it back on. It was on, and somehow it got turned off (Not by me) and I can’t turn it back on.

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on May 16, 2024 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2024 9:51 AM

I just contacted Apple and they are aware of this issue, have no fix, and no idea when it will be resolved

9 replies

May 16, 2024 9:50 AM in response to Edie999

This is happening on about 10 different iPhones between friends and family. All of our settings are fine, we all have age information. These are personal devices, not managed by anyone. This JUST started yesterday and everything worked fine before then. No settings were changed. Apple broke it and they need to acknowledge it is their issue.

May 16, 2024 9:00 AM in response to Edie999

This has been reported when age information has not been provided with your Apple ID account. This is due to an increased effort in protecting minors from being tracked. I would suggest contacting Apple directly to get the issue resolved, as you are likely not going to be able to do it on your own, unless it is a screen time restriction that has been suggested.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

iPhone app tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.