Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Apple Vision Pro and Mac

Apple Vision Pro is connected to Mac. When using Apple tv+, you can use movie mode to watch movies. When Vision Pro is connected to Mac, can you use movie mode similar to Apple tv+ when watching movies downloaded on Mac?

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on May 19, 2024 8:09 PM

2 replies

May 20, 2024 9:04 AM in response to YePengZhang

Not exactly sure what you want to achieve, but three ways to play videos from a Mac occur to me.

• You can obviously play the video on your connected Mac and view it on your Mac's virtual Screen in the AVP. This is far from ideal and not recommended. Not sure what you mean by "Movie Mode" but I assume this is not it.
  • You can copy the video to iCloud Files and open the video using a media player on the AVP (e.g. Moon Player - $5). You can use the built in AVP environments for an immersive experience (Movie Mode?), or use the dark environment from the Moon Player app. You don't have to be "connected" to the Mac.
  • Moon Player also has "Moon Link" software that you install on your Mac, which then allows you to stream videos on the Mac to your AVP, if on the same wi-fi network. You don't have to be "connected" to the Mac and you can use the environments as stated above. I have not tested this.

Other people may have additional/better suggestions.

Apple Vision Pro and Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.