I can't cast iPad to Chromecast. Want to cast a video to a bigger screen

Hey everyone, I’m having trouble trying to cast videos from my iPad to Chromecast. My iPad doesn't seem to recognize the TV. I thought I was following the right steps, but it’s not working. Does anyone have any tips on how to cast iPad to Chromecast successfully? What could be causing these issues, and how can I fix them to enjoy my videos on a larger display? P.S. I have a 10th generation iPad and a Sony TV with Chromecast.

iPad (10th generation)

Posted on May 20, 2024 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2024 2:22 AM

What videos do you want to stream? If it's from YouTube, it's very simple. Ensure your iPad and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi. Open YouTube on your iPad, tap the cast icon (it looks like a small TV with Wi-Fi waves) at the top of the video, select your Chromecast from the list, and the video should appear on your TV.

But, if you’re trying to stream videos directly from your iPad-like something saved in your Photos app-it’s a bit different since iPads don’t support native streaming to Chromecast.

You’ll need a third-party app. I tried Streamer and DoCast https://apps.apple.com/us/app/docast-cast-and-mirror-to-tv/id6446948344 for streaming photos and videos, it worked pretty well.

Direct casting from the iPad to Chromecast isn’t supported natively (( so third-party apps are your best bet for anything not on YouTube or similar platforms.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2024 2:22 AM in response to TheSuperbOwl

What videos do you want to stream? If it's from YouTube, it's very simple. Ensure your iPad and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi. Open YouTube on your iPad, tap the cast icon (it looks like a small TV with Wi-Fi waves) at the top of the video, select your Chromecast from the list, and the video should appear on your TV.

But, if you’re trying to stream videos directly from your iPad-like something saved in your Photos app-it’s a bit different since iPads don’t support native streaming to Chromecast.

You’ll need a third-party app. I tried Streamer and DoCast https://apps.apple.com/us/app/docast-cast-and-mirror-to-tv/id6446948344 for streaming photos and videos, it worked pretty well.

Direct casting from the iPad to Chromecast isn’t supported natively (( so third-party apps are your best bet for anything not on YouTube or similar platforms.

I can't cast iPad to Chromecast. Want to cast a video to a bigger screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.