"Ready for repair" status in Find My still displaying a week after repair

I have an iPhone 12 mini with iOS 17.5 that I had repaired on May 14, 2024. Got it back the same day (new front and rear cameras). When Apple employee returned my phone, the "Ready for repair" status was still displayed in the Find My app. I asked the Genius bar why and he explained that I just need to power cycle the phone or wait for a few days for the "Ready for repair" status to disappear on its own. It's been a week since the completed repair and the "Ready for repair" status still persists. Do I need to wait longer or do I have to go back to the Genius Bar to get a technician to turn off the "Ready for repair" status?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on May 20, 2024 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2024 10:54 AM

UPDATE: I visited the Genius Bar and after explaining the issue they admitted "Ready for repair" status persisting after completed repair was a glitch in iOS 17.5. And they assured me that the iPhone would operate perfectly fine with the glitch. However, the Genius Bar tech could not turn off the "Ready for repair" status or just did not know how to do it. They suggested that I take my iPhone home, go to "Settings" and turn off "Stolen Device Protection" then turn off "Find My Iphone" and then turn it on again. The "Ready for repair" status disappeared from the iPhone "Find My" app. Problem solved. Hopefully the glitch will be fixed in the next iOS software update.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2024 10:54 AM in response to dcflamenco

UPDATE: I visited the Genius Bar and after explaining the issue they admitted "Ready for repair" status persisting after completed repair was a glitch in iOS 17.5. And they assured me that the iPhone would operate perfectly fine with the glitch. However, the Genius Bar tech could not turn off the "Ready for repair" status or just did not know how to do it. They suggested that I take my iPhone home, go to "Settings" and turn off "Stolen Device Protection" then turn off "Find My Iphone" and then turn it on again. The "Ready for repair" status disappeared from the iPhone "Find My" app. Problem solved. Hopefully the glitch will be fixed in the next iOS software update.

May 28, 2024 4:58 PM in response to fhypolito

To complete this post, here is the screen capture from Apple ID -> Find My -> Find My Phone.

As you can see, no option to deactivate it.

I’ve just contacted Apple Support, and they advised me to go back to the Apple Store where the repair process was made, because they didn’t finish it.

But, before leaving the Store 2 weeks ago, I asked 2 different attendants about this issue, and both of them said it would disappear in 24h to 48h.

After 2 weeks, I still have this problem.

As a reference, we are talking about the new Apple Store at Pacific Centre, Vancouver, BC.

"Ready for repair" status in Find My still displaying a week after repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.