Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Turn filter rules on/off separately (Numbers)

Hi, guys!

Is there a way to turn Filter rules on/off separately without deleting inactive ones?

To be more clear: I have a LARGE set of filter rules I have to use (5-8-10 rules).

But simulateonosly I use only 2-3 of them at most.

Is there a way to turn few rules on and just make others temporary inactive instead of deleting them? Not to set up them anew every time.

So there be a whole list of rules I use but active for filtring are only few ones.

iMac 27″ 5K

Posted on May 21, 2024 1:51 AM

3 replies

May 21, 2024 5:04 AM in response to Alejandro_64

That would be an awesome feature. Use Numbers->Provide Numbers feedback to send it to Apple.

Here is one possibility for you, though its usefulness may depend on the filters you have created. Basically, each filter will be two parts. The first part is the filter you want, the second part is the "switch". The two are or'ed together. When you want the filter on, have the second part be exactly the same as the first. When you want the filter off, change the second part to be the exact opposite of the first or something that negates it. For example, a filter for "Column B is > 0" would be "Column B > 0 OR Column B > 0" when on and would be "Column B > 0 OR Column B <= 0" when off.

I hope this will be easier for you than deleting and recreating filters each time

Turn filter rules on/off separately (Numbers)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.