how to get my deleted folder on iPhone back

I accidentally deleted a folder of apps. Can I retrieve that?

Posted on May 21, 2024 8:19 AM

2 replies

May 22, 2024 10:18 AM in response to SusanMG

SusanMG wrote:

I accidentally deleted a folder of apps. Can I retrieve that?

No, you can't recover it. You will need to re-create it. How you do that depends on whether or not you deleted the apps in the folder or just removed them from your Home screen. If you just deleted them from the Home screen, follow the directions given above to move them back to the Home Screen. Then, re-create the folder by dragging one of the apps you want in the folder over another one you want in the folder.

See here:

Move apps and create folders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

May 21, 2024 8:42 AM in response to SusanMG

Yes, you can! When you deleted that folder it shouldn't have deleted the apps unless you individually deleted each one.

To recover the folder, on your home screen swipe to the left until you reach what is called the App Library.

If you know what those apps in that folder were you can search for them in the Search Bar or you can look through the tab to find those apps.

For each app you want back on the Home Screen you can either hold down and drag it back to the Home Screen, or you can hold it down and click "Add to Home Screen."

You can now sort these back the way you previously had them.

Hope this helps!

how to get my deleted folder on iPhone back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.