Cannot print from Pages, nor a Pages file exported as a .pdf via Preview

When I try to print from my MacBook Pro, Sonoma 14.5, a document I created in Pages, I see the print job go to the queue and it appears to complete successfully (but VERY quickly) per the queue, but the printer doesn't respond and there are no error messages in the queue or at the printer's display. I have tried printing from Apple Pages, and I've tried exporting from there to a .pdf and printing that from Apple Preview with the same results... However, if from Pages I export the same file to .jpg and print that from Preview it works fine (and takes an appropriately long time per the queue). .pdf files made with apps other than Pages print fine from Preview. Other docs and applications print just fine. Why are files created in and printed natively from Pages, and Pages exported as .pdf's via Preview giving the printer grief and with no error messages? It seems like the print queue thinks the Pages .pdf's are corrupted, but again there are no error messages. The printer is a Brother HL-L3280CDW Laser with their latest firmware. Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 21, 2024 4:24 PM

1 reply

Cannot print from Pages, nor a Pages file exported as a .pdf via Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.