Why does my Brother printer only print after I have restarted my computer - Mac OS Sonoma 14.5?

I use a Mac Mini. My Brother MFC-J4340DW printer worked fine before I upgraded to Sonama 14.5, but it's not so fine now. Frequently, I have to restart the Mac to get the printer to work. Time plays a part here, too. If I don't print for a while (days), the same problem occurs when I do want to print. Does anyone have any ideas?

Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 21, 2024 10:04 PM

3 replies

May 21, 2024 10:14 PM in response to geofwct

geofwct Said:

"Why does my Brother printer only print after I have restarted my computer - Mac OS Sonoma 14.5?: I use a Mac Mini. My Brother MFC-J4340DW printer worked fine before I upgraded to Sonama 14.5, but it's not so fine now. Frequently, I have to restart the Mac to get the printer to work. Time plays a part here, too. If I don't print for a while (days), the same problem occurs when I do want to print. Does anyone have any ideas?"

-------

Getting a Printer to Work:

Your printer model is not compatible with macOS Sonoma: macOS Sonoma 14 Support Statement (Inkjet Printer) - Brother Help. So, expect all of these errors. Also, it is time to upgrade to a compatible Printer.

Why does my Brother printer only print after I have restarted my computer - Mac OS Sonoma 14.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.