iOS software update (from 17.5 to 17.5.1)

It's just a technical question actually,

I did a software update (on my iPhone 13 pro max) and at the final step, the progress bar reached 33% (it doesn't written of course but I could see it's 33%, more or less) and the moment of reaching this point, my iPhone finished his software update, is that okay or something is wrong ? (this situation is normal ?)

(the update, didn't take long time at all, I think it took 5 min)

thank for your answers

Posted on May 21, 2024 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2024 8:12 PM

Hi all, I have an iPhone 14 Pro and I have completed a soft reset, reseted the network settings, cleared cache yet it's running extremely slow. I'm trying to install 17.5.1 and it's saying 8 hours ??? Am I missing something here??

Thanks

15 replies

May 27, 2024 11:05 PM in response to vasanth202

What happens when you try?

Can you post a screenshot of the whole screen, it could reveal why you aren't able to update.

Make sure you:

• Are using a WiFi connection (not a hotspot).

• You have an active cell signal (You need both WiFi and cellular service to perform the upgrade).

• Are not using a VPN connection.

• Have your battery charged at least 50%. Better yet, keep it plugged in during the update.

• Do not have power save mode turned on.

• Do not have a beta version installed.

• You have at least 10 gigs of storage available.

Click on this link on what to do if you can't update your phone -

If your iPhone or iPad won't update – Apple Support (UK)

May 21, 2024 11:42 PM in response to NickHem

"I did a software update (on my iPhone 13 pro max) and at the final step, the progress bar reached 33% (it doesn't written of course but I could see it's 33%, more or less) and the moment of reaching this point, my iPhone finished his software update, is that okay or something is wrong ? (this situation is normal ?)[...]"

-------

Try Another Update:

Play it safe-- Your iPhone usually would go in a boot loop, if it got stalled while in the process. So, see if you can update once more, this time using a computer. See my User Tip: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. If any updates are available, they will install, sure enough.

Boot Loop:

If you get in a boot loop, use my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

Jun 14, 2024 10:11 AM in response to NickHem

@APPLE - THIS IS NOT A HARDWARE ISSUE!!! - This is 100% software related.

Face ID is working and opening all secured applications on my phone that require Face ID or Passcode, when Face ID is disabled in settings

Back story - Sorry for the long read

(iPhone user since Gen 1)

I have had the Face ID issue going on with my 13 pro since the initial ios 17 release. It would say "move your face closer" or "move your face further away" and it would move in and out of focus never recognizing my face. The setup would finally work after several attempts, only to find out it wasn't working when I attempt to unlock my phone or it would work one time and then stop.

I reached to apple for assistance and was told it was hardware issue. This is after various attempts at resetting face-id, factory resetting the phone, wasting countless hours searching forums and going to the "genius" bar only to be told its a bad sensor and it needs to be repaired for around $300.

I said "F that, I can just use the pass code until this phone dies 100%".

Well, to my surprise, after the 17.5.1 update my face ID was suddenly working again, but Face ID was shut off in settings! I thought, well this is odd! I got busy with work but continued using Face ID for the past few weeks to open secured applications and it was working flawlessly.

Today, I finally had some time to go mess with my settings to set up Face ID. I went through the steps, set up my face for glasses, mask, whatever and guess what? Face ID is not opening applications when its enabled.

I shut face ID off again, and it opens my secured apps. I tested to make sure it wasn't just opening randomly by using a coffee cup for the face, my dogs face for the face, my daughter and my wifes faces as well. None of them open the applications, just my face does.

So, if it is a hardware issue, why was it working flawlessly to open apps after the 17.5.1 push when its disabled but not unlocking the phone? Why is it NOT working when Face ID is enabled, and fails to open applications? To me that is NOT intermittent. I can repeat this over and over. Settings are software related, not hardware related.

[Edited by Moderator]

iOS software update (from 17.5 to 17.5.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.