How to resolve issue with Apple Card charging me for a computer that was returned and refunded.

Hello everyone. I need some help.

Back in August of 2023 I purchased a MacBook Air online. I opened an Apple Card account at the same time to make this purchase. The Macbook arrived DOA. Apple Store said I had to return it but since it was a special order with extra RAM, they couldn't exchange it in the store. Fine, I went home and phoned Apple. The person I spoke to seemed to not really know what they were doing but eventually they got my exchange moving.

I shipped the DOA computer back to Apple but never got a replacement. After going back and forth with Apple for a couple of weeks I got a supervisor who said that what they'd do is just cancel the order, and I could then just go ahead and place a new order from scratch.

Ok, I did place a new order but I didn't use the Apple Card for this purchase.

Now, I have documents showing that Apple got the return and that my refund was being processed. I also have invoices showing that the cost of the computer, apple care and the amount for what would have been my trade in on my old MB Pro, were all refunded to my card.

Goldman Sachs still says that I owe for this computer.

It's been almost ten months of spending hours and hours on the phone with them every couple of weeks getting the same runaround. I've sent the documentation in three times. Yet they can't or won't resolve this.

I'm now starting to get calls from debt collection agencies.

Today I spent two and a half hours on the phone (for probably the twentieth time) with Goldman Sachs and Apple. I was on a conference call with at various times four different people from GS and three from Apple. Apple people saying "yeah. the refund was issued" and GS saying "well, we don't see it". Finally I was transferred to a GS person who basically said "I can't do anything...look for an email to send your documentation again" and then she hung up on me.

What the ****?

What do I have to do to get out of this nightmare? I can't afford to hire an attorney or I'd have done that a long time ago.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions I'd be grateful. Thank you very much.

Posted on May 22, 2024 2:35 PM

1 reply

How to resolve issue with Apple Card charging me for a computer that was returned and refunded.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.