Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to disable AirTag connected to another Apple ID/Device?

Hi, I got an AirTag for Christmas, but I haven’t been able to pair it because of some issues with my Apple ID. Now that I’m finally able, it seems someone else has connected themselves to my AirTag before I could’ve done it, and I can’t pair my phone with my AirTag anymore. I’ve tried resetting it by taking out the battery five times, but this still doesn’t remove the AirTag from the apparent person who has paired their device with my AirTag. I know this is my own fault for not pairing earlier, but I’m just wondering, can I do anything at all?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 22, 2024 10:07 PM

6 replies

May 22, 2024 10:42 PM in response to Mysticalm

Unfortunately there's no way to remove it unless you figure out who's Apple ID it is. You'd need to figure out which Apple ID is signed in, and have that person remove it from their find my.

More than likely it would have to be someone that was in your home. Maybe a relative used it for a brief period???

How to reset your AirTag - Apple Support

If an item or device is connected to another Apple ID - Apple Support

How to disable AirTag connected to another Apple ID/Device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.