Charge iPad while playing music through port!

I’m a singer and gig using my iPad to connect to the venues PA system for music, using dongle - headphones aux Jack. My shows are sometimes 2 hours long and often have to disconnect and using another device after the iPad runs out of battery. Can anyone tell me if there is a way of charging a new iPad while playing music, as there’s only one port. Wireless charging? Seems silly that you can’t charge and play music at the same time. VENUES DONT HAVE BLUETOOTH, so that option is out!

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on May 23, 2024 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2024 3:51 AM

Audio adapters designed to connect to the Lightning or USB port of an iPad usually have a standard 3.5mm analogue audio jack. These can be widely connected to wired headphones - or other audio/PA systems using commonly available analogue audio cables that have a corresponding 3.5mm audio plug.

It would perhaps be constructive to establish your iPad model - as this will definitely establish the type of adapter that you need for your intended application.

You can find your iPad Model Name and Model Number in iPad settings:

Settings > General > About

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2024 3:51 AM in response to joeysl8

Audio adapters designed to connect to the Lightning or USB port of an iPad usually have a standard 3.5mm analogue audio jack. These can be widely connected to wired headphones - or other audio/PA systems using commonly available analogue audio cables that have a corresponding 3.5mm audio plug.

It would perhaps be constructive to establish your iPad model - as this will definitely establish the type of adapter that you need for your intended application.

You can find your iPad Model Name and Model Number in iPad settings:

Settings > General > About

Charge iPad while playing music through port!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.