Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Do I have to pay for service on my iPad to take it abroad?

I would like to know if I can bring my iPad Air 4th gen to southern Spain on my holiday next week .

my iPad doesn’t have a sim and works of WiFi

do I need a SIM card to use it in spain without charges ? Or is it still able to work without any fees even though it doesn’t have a SIM card

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 23, 2024 10:51 AM

2 replies

May 23, 2024 11:01 AM in response to 3e_

A WiFi Only iPad has no cellular hardware - and as such, cannot connect directly to a Cellular network.

Whilst a WiFi Only iPad cannot be transformed into a WiFi+Cellular model, you can use the hotspot feature of a mobile phone - or a Cellular Broadband Router (often known as a MiFi Router) - to access Cellular networks:

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

Your iPad can also connect to public WiFi networks - as might be found in hotels and other public locations - many of which may be accessible without paying a fee.

Do I have to pay for service on my iPad to take it abroad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.