Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Need to compress iPhone video for sharing

Using my iPhone 12 mini, iOS 17.5, I took a simple 90-second video of my garden with me narrating what's in bloom to share with a gardening friend. When I go to send it as an email attachment, mail tells me that it is 143 MB! That is irrationally large and far more detail then I need for this simple use.

Record video is set to 720 P at 30 FP. As far as I can tell, that is the lowest resolution that I can ask it to record in.

I want to send this from my phone. Downloading it to my computer and then shrinking it with iMovie or similar is way more trouble than I want to go to. I just want to send a simple video from my freaking phone.

Is there no way to shrink this monster in the phone itself?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 17

Posted on May 23, 2024 2:36 PM

4 replies

Need to compress iPhone video for sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.