Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

11 year olds .... Watch for safety and travel / ipad at home for communication with friends. How to limit messages on watch.

I have yet to find any help with this question ...

I bought a watch for my daughter to walk home from school & have apple pay .

When I connected it to her AppleID she immediately was able to text with all her contacts on the go.

This is not how i intended her to use it . She has screen time (communication limits) on her ipad at home but i dont want her using the watch to constantly text while on the go. Not to mention that texting from the watch does not count towards screen time.

Any solutions ? I have spoken to 3 different people at apple support and they had no solution for me.

Please help .

Thank you

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on May 24, 2024 10:35 AM

6 replies

May 24, 2024 12:40 PM in response to zuzusf

Screen Time can let you limit which contacts and apps are allowed for communication on the child's watch.

With Screen Time you can schedule time away from the screen, and limit
both contacts and the apps your family member can use to communicate with those contacts.

You can set Screen Time to be active at all times even outside of School Time.

May 24, 2024 11:05 AM in response to zuzusf

You can use Screentime and Schooltime on the Apple Watch to limit communications during school hours.

Use Screen Time to configure controls for a family member’s Apple Watch.
With Screen Time you can schedule time away from the screen, and limit
both contacts and the apps your family member can use to communicate with those contacts.

click here ➜ Set up a family member’s Apple Watch - Apple Support

11 year olds .... Watch for safety and travel / ipad at home for communication with friends. How to limit messages on watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.