How do I change my region to change my payment method on my Apple ID?

I moved to Canada, but kept my US cell phone acct. I want to make payments for apple with a Canadian Credit card & get rid of the US credit card. When I enter the change on apple “payment change” it won’t accept my US phone number inconnunction with the Canadian address. How can I solve this issue? I want to pay with a Canadian credit card.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on May 24, 2024 2:51 PM

5 replies

May 25, 2024 8:07 AM in response to mlj3205

I read you are discontent but remember that this is a user to user forum. Nobody here works for Apple. If you want Apple to hear Product Feedback - Apple

It also isn't clear if you set your country to Canada. As stated earlier, you probably have to have your country set to Canada in order to use a Canadian card. The actual phone number may be less of an issue than making sure your payment and ID are all for the same country.

May 24, 2024 5:24 PM in response to mlj3205

I am seeing this as an issue where you have a US number but want to have it associated with a Canadian billing address. I suspect that Apple has ways of making sure that people setting their account to a particular country actually are resident of that country. It could be it doesn't like your configuration and wants to see it all of one country.

May 25, 2024 12:35 AM in response to Limnos

Yes. But that doesn’t help me pay with a Canadian credit card. I live in Canada. I should be allowed to use a Canadian credit card despite having an American phone service (which has a North American plan). Maybe Apple could continue in the footsteps of it’s innovator and try thinking outside the box on this issue instead of trying to reduce people into cookie cutter situations. We’ve become a global world. I use a global phone. But I can’t use the credit card of my country of origin because they can’t configure payment with a Canadian address and international phone plan. Come on Apple! Time to get with the times!!!!

How do I change my region to change my payment method on my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.