Iphone 15 Pro Max Over Ipad Pro 11 Inch M4 Chip

Hello everyone, I am litterly confused about buy and ipad m4 chip. I am currently using iphone 15 pro max and m1 macbook and i am planning to buy and ipad over my iphone as i have seen many apps of iphone will work on ipad and i have some sort of issues with the apple apps most of my apps does not available on apple app store yet so i am buying a light android mobile and replacing my iphone to ipad. I want to know there is any compatibility issues and can ipad work with google extensions and is it the good idea or not? Please share your opinions.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 24, 2024 7:47 PM

1 reply

May 25, 2024 4:38 AM in response to AsifNRao

First and foremost, an iPad can never be a standalone replacement for an iPhone - and as such an iPad might not be an appropriate substitution for your needs.

An iPad, whether a Cellular model or not, is not capable of directly accessing Cellular Voice or SMS/MMS Messaging features. An iPad with either WiFi or Cellular connectivity alone can only access IP-data services. If you have activated the built-in eSIM, or added a DataSIM and Cellular plan to a WiFi+Cellular model of iPad, the number associated with the eSIM/SIM card is only used to identify your account for billing purposes. This number is not used for making calls or sending messages.

However, if paired with an iPhone, the capabilities of iPad significantly broaden to include access to Cellular Voice and Messaging services of the associated iPhone - relayed to the iPad over WiFi using Apple’s continuity features.

Iphone 15 Pro Max Over Ipad Pro 11 Inch M4 Chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.