iPhone 6+ cannot be turned on.

Hi,

I recently tried to restore my old iPhone 6+. During the restoration process the cable fell out. Ever since, the phone has been unusable.

When I try to power it on (holding down the power button), I get the screen with the white background and black apple logo. After a few seconds the screen with the apple logo will turn fully black/dark grey in a way that you can tell the screen in still on. The screen will stay in the black/dark grey state until I hold down the power button again where the screen will turn off for a few seconds and repeat what I just said.

I am unable to force restart the device. I used to be able to boot it into recovery mode where I could connect it to my mac. However when restoring the software from my mac I got this error "The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (9). 0665.0000". After that I tried to restore the software again where the progress bar for restoring software stopped moving for a long time. After that I as unable to get the phone to connect to my mac. As of right now the phone still cannot get booted into recovery or DFU mode, get force restarted, or turn on.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on May 24, 2024 8:51 PM

7 replies

May 25, 2024 7:41 PM in response to TheLittles

I fixed it.

For anyone else who needs help in the future:

1. Connect the phone to your mac (if your mac has trouble detecting your phone use the solutions TheLittles mentioned, B worked for me:

A. Boot in Safe Mode:

Plug it in while booted in Safe Mode. See here: Start Up your Mac in Safe Mode - Apple Support

B. Reset the SMC and NVRAM:(Applies to Intel-based Macs only) Rest there to fix ports connectivity and Internet connectivity and much more. Perform the resets thrice.)

2. Update your phone instead of recovering it. If your mac says it has to be restored and cannot be updated, close that pop up and quickly click the update button. I don't know if this is the best solution but it worked for me.

3. Give it time to update and after that restore the iPhone.

May 24, 2024 9:11 PM in response to lewis-h

lewis-h Said:

"iPhone 6+ cannot be turned on.: Hi, I recently tried to restore my old iPhone 6+. During the restoration process the cable fell out. Ever since, the phone has been unusable. When I try to power it on (holding down the power button), I get the screen with the white background and black apple logo.[...]"

-------

You're Stuck in a Boot Loop:

Use my User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

May 25, 2024 1:51 PM in response to lewis-h

lewis-h Said:

"iPhone 6+ cannot be turned on.: I tried that, however the phone seems to ignore the force restart and continue bootlooping. The phone also does not show up on my macBook when I plug it in.

———-

Get your iPhone to be Seen:

A. Boot in Safe Mode:

Plug it in while booted in Safe Mode. See here: Start Up your Mac in Safe Mode - Apple Support

B. Reset the SMC and NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-based Macs only) Rest there to fix ports connectivity and Internet connectivity and much more. Perform the resets thrice.

May 25, 2024 6:47 PM in response to lewis-h

lewis-h Said:

"iPhone 6+ cannot be turned on.: The bar on my phone still shows, however there is 0 progress on the progress bar and it has stayed like that for an hour or two.

———-

Take this to an AASP:

As old and obsolete as this device is, I’m not so certain that Apple will even service this over-the-phone. So take this to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider). Go Here: Explore Service Locations - Apple Supports

Time to Upgrade:

Moreover, take this as a good reason to upgrade to a much recent version.

May 25, 2024 5:56 PM in response to TheLittles

Thanks for the tip, the phone now shows up on my computer however after I click the "Update and restore" button the finder window with my iPhone stops showing that it is connected to iPhone. After a few seconds the window showed it was connected again and then after a few more seconds the phone got "disconnected" for good. The bar on my phone still shows, however there is 0 progress on the progress bar and it has stayed like that for an hour or two.

iPhone 6+ cannot be turned on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.