The Change Passcode box to Enter New Screen Time Passcode on childs ipad is greyed out, so can't type anything

I am attempting to change the screen time passcode on my child's iPad. When I select 'Forgot Passcode' and enter my Apple ID details, which were used to set up the iPad, in the Screen Time recovery pop-ups, it leads me to the 'Change Passcode' box. It prompts me to 'Enter New Screen Time Passcode,' but there is no keyboard visible for me to input a new code. I have performed a full shutdown of the iPad using the force restart methods, but the issue persists. Additionally, I have navigated to 'General' then 'Keyboard' and disabled the split keyboard option, which had no effect. I have also turned off Bluetooth without any success. I need assistance on how to make the keypad appear in the 'Enter New Screen Time Passcode' box, as the previously tried solutions have not resolved the issue. Thank you.

iPad (10th generation)

Posted on May 25, 2024 3:59 AM

1 reply

The Change Passcode box to Enter New Screen Time Passcode on childs ipad is greyed out, so can't type anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.