The hide photo option is NOT present... Not present at all in the 3 dot menu for any pic or video

There is no option to hide a photo = ANY photo. Please don't simply tell me where it is because it is NOT in the photo app 3 dot menu then hide = It is not there for any / all photo's... YES I have rebooted. Yes I tried reset all settings, Yes tried reset location & Privacy. Yes tried as a last ditch effort full factory reset....Not once ever have I been able to hide a picture or video on my iPhone 14 pro max.... Oh and yes I do have facelock & a security code active. Anybody have an answer!!!!

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on May 25, 2024 11:06 AM

6 replies

May 25, 2024 11:32 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Thank you for the quick response. I just now checked that and yes all apps are set on allow, including photos. HOWEVER all are grayed out... I think maybe because at the very top (Content & Privacy Restrictions) slider is set to off. I moved the slider to ON (now green) I shut down the phone, turned back on after a minute still no hide option found.

May 25, 2024 11:13 AM in response to iphonepromax2022

Open Settings App

Tap Screen Time

Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions

Tap Photos

Is Allow Changes checked?

is your phone a company managed or school managed phone? If yes, the administrators of the Mobile Device Management software on your phone may have the hide photos feature disabled and if this is your situation, you'll need to discuss this with them.

Jun 2, 2024 7:41 AM in response to iphonepromax2022

You know, this is a group of users like yourself. We are not Apple. Nobody pays any of us, and we don't have to answer any questions. We just wander by from time to time and offer any help we can.

The thing is, when you ask a question, but you include orders about what to say, or you yell at us with all caps or lots of exclamation points, it doesn't really encourage anyone to try too hard to answer you.

Just something you might want to think about for the future...

The hide photo option is NOT present... Not present at all in the 3 dot menu for any pic or video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.