Ex boyfriend hijacks iphone

My ex was and is still paying for my iPhone and the bill is on his spectrum account my passwords keep getting changed my phone periodically goes on airplane mode or focus mode stops ringing the messages and emails don’t come through the settings are changed and there’s apps that I didn’t purchase I want to save my contacts and my photos and videos a few important emails how do I go about doing that and make sure that he is no longer able to access personal information I don’t care about wiping the rest of the phone clean

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on May 25, 2024 2:32 PM

2 replies

May 25, 2024 2:44 PM in response to Mskitka88

• Make sure your are not using the same Apple ID
  • Change your Apple ID Password.

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

• You are also going to want your own email and not rely on the email address offered by the internet provider if your ex has control over that account. You can change your Apple ID to a new email address and not lose any of your information.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

• Run Safety Check to make sure there are no other devices signed into your account and you will also be able to tell if you are sharing any information including your location.

How Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe - Apple Support

May 25, 2024 2:53 PM in response to Mskitka88

Hello Mskitka88, Because you don't own the iPhone it will have a Carrier Lock on it. See

Settings > About > Carrier Lock > Will say something like SPECTRUM. If it says No SIM restrictions then it is not carrier locked and Mac Jim ID advice is good.

Otherwise my advice is to buy your own iPhone and move the files, video, email contacts to your new iPhone with new AppleID. You EX will have now knowledge you've done that and then turn your old iPhone over to SPECTRUM (because they still own it) and be done with it.

Ex boyfriend hijacks iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.