Is there a way to clear „System Data“ on iPad

I have a very old iPad on me, i know that „System Data“ is reserved for the OS to work properly, but it got out of hand, on Mac you could easily clear all the System Data with two apps, but is it possible to be done on an iPad? I have tried to force restart and some other stuff too, but the System Data got even bigger, at the start of owning the iPad the System Data took up 6-8GB, which was reasonable, but now i noticed its 35,75GB. Its more than my all my iPad data combined with the software (Somewhere 24—25GB), so the actual data of the apps etc. takes only 40% or even less of the storage, this is ridiculous. If theres an app which could help me clear it please let me know, i can install it on my Mac, if theres no App Store app to do this job.

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 26, 2024 1:29 AM

1 reply

May 26, 2024 1:40 AM in response to DBeitniz

Keeping in mind that the “other" or "system data” storage category is mostly filled with cache and system files created by Safari, the Mail app, other apps and iOS/iPadOS itself, that space is automatically managed by the operating system and you can’t interact with it.

That said, see this support article: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad .

If you already tried (to no avail) those steps, some benefits to reduce that space can be also obtained creating a full backup of your device, then restoring it to factory settings and, in the end, setting it up as new, as per these instructions: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

When done, restore data from your previously made backup, then restart your device and check your device storage again.

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support directly, using this link: Contact Apple for support and service

Regards

Giulio

Is there a way to clear „System Data“ on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.