Ipad pro warranty for water damage

Today my house was flooded, causing my iPad to be submerged in water. I just bought this iPad on March 30, namely the iPad Pro 11 inch WiFi 4th. Can I make a warranty claim on my iPad?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 26, 2024 11:22 AM

3 replies

May 26, 2024 12:53 PM in response to SendyPurnamaHelliska

Water and electronics generally do not make happy bedfellows. Your iPad is not designed to be water resistant. While it will survive being splashed with water if immediately dried, it will almost certainly suffer irreparable damage if it is allowed to get wet, or is submerged for any length of time.

Device warranties cover manufacturing defects or faults that occur within the warranty period. As the iPad is not designed to be water resistant, the Apple limited warranty does not cover water damage - or any other type of accidental damage.

If you have benefit of an active AppleCare+, accidental damage would be covered. Being an insurance product, there would be a small excess/deductible fee to pay - and the iPad would be replaced.

Ipad pro warranty for water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.