My iPhone 12 Pro Max heats at the charging after new updates

why my iPhone 12 Pro Max at the charging over heat after new updates

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on May 26, 2024 9:53 PM

1 reply

May 26, 2024 10:05 PM in response to Amanraja

hello there. its normal to see this message.

this is a safe feature from apple to make sure device is not getting damage for any component because of heat.

With iOS 16 and iPadOS 16, charging will be put on hold when your device becomes too hot or too cold. This message will appear on your Lock Screen and in Settings > Battery: “Charging On Hold. Charging will resume when [device] returns to normal temperature.”

If your device doesn't display a temperature warning, you can keep using your device. its completely normal to use or charge and If your device exceeds a certain temperature threshold, it will present a temperature warning screen similar to this:

To resume use of your device as quickly as possible, turn it off, move it to a cooler environment (away from direct sunlight) and allow it to cool down.

more info about heating

If a Charging On Hold notification appears on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (IN)

If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support (IN)

if you need more helpContact Apple Support

Need more help? Save time by starting your support request online and we'll connect you to an expert.

Get started

My iPhone 12 Pro Max heats at the charging after new updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.