iPhone does not interact with only one other iCloud account

Hello, i have an iPhone 15 Pro max with the newest software iOS 17.4.1.

I have a very peculiar issue where I have no idea how to fix it:

I have one contact (who also has an iPhone), where many features are not working, whereas they work with all my other friends that also own an iPhone. These features include:

• Location Sharing: I can share my location with all my friends but not with this contact
  • FaceTime Calls: I can not automatically start FaceTime calls via the Contacts List, I have to open the FaceTime app and select last calls to be able to call her
  • Photos Face Recognition: My iPhone recognizes her on all pictures, but her information are not shown next to the information of the other people in the image (no nametag appears in the information page of the pictures)

All these features work with everyone else but not with her. What could be the issue and how to fix that problem?

Thx in advance!

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 26, 2024 10:41 PM

1 reply

May 26, 2024 11:47 PM in response to janos212

I have experienced something similar after changing my phone number on my iCloud account and a new iPhone. It could be either person's phone, likely someone changed a setting, number or email linked to the iCloud account I'm guessing:

Turn both iPhones off then on again

I would do a force restart instead of simple on/off, this usually fixes most issues -> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Check iCloud Settings: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud

There maybe a prompt already waiting for you letting you know something to fix or do. Check the sign-in & security also, if someone changed a ID (email/number/password) I would go through this -> What to do after you've changed your Apple ID or password – Apple Support (UK)

Update Contact Information: make sure the contact information is all correct

Try-> If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars or Reminders aren't syncing – Apple Support (UK)

I would just delete her contact from my contacts and add again. Then send her an iMessage and check other things

Check for iOS Updates for their side

iPhone does not interact with only one other iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.