Cannot login apple id “incorrect password”

I’ve been trying to update my macbook OS;

it’s been years since the last update because everytime I tried to enter my apple id password, the window just pop up again and again without giving me chance to verify.

I tried to login from the system, but it says “incorrect password”.

The password is definitely correct since I use the same id on my iphone and it works just fine.

I already tried changing the password; still works from my iphone, and still “incorrect password” on my macbook.

And there isn’t any apple support anywhere near my little town :( the closest need 4-5 hours by car.

Please help 🙏 my chrome is already unsupported since I can’t update

MacBook Air 11″, OS X 10.10

Posted on May 27, 2024 10:22 PM

2 replies

May 27, 2024 10:46 PM in response to Kimikimong

What version of macOS are you running? If it is any version before Sierra (10.12) you’ll need to get a verification code first. Get that one from settings on your iPhone, settings>your name>sign in and security>get verification code. If you get this code, paste it behind your password to login.

If this is not working:

Try and boot the mac in the safe mode to update from the safe mode to see if the issues persist

Start up your Intel-based Mac in safe mode

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key until you see the login window.
  2. Log in to your Mac.
  3. You might be asked to log in again.
  4. On either the first or second login window, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

Cannot login apple id “incorrect password”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.