Someone send me e mail that my icloud was hacked

Someone send me this email and He threatens me and tells me that my account icloud was hacked i wanna know if that is true or no please help me

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XS

Posted on May 28, 2024 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2024 9:39 PM

but the sender is my icloud myself💀 help

10 replies

May 28, 2024 7:06 AM in response to basma284

Hi basma284,

I always advise airing on the side of caution, please change your Apple ID password - Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support. If this password was reused anywhere else (bad) please change them as well.

This is most likely some scammer / phishing attack trying to obtain some more information from you. The safest thing to do is block the sender and delete the emails. In that last image you shared, tap that “Block this Contact.”

Mail Rules & Blocking:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap on Your Name (Apple ID).
  3. Tap on iCloud.
  4. Tap on iCloud Mail.
  5. Tap on iCloud Mail Rules.

If you need further help creating rules, please let me know!

1. Open Settings.
  2. Scroll down and tap on Mail.
  3. Scroll down and tap on Block.
    1. Verify the sender is in the list, if not add them.

May 28, 2024 7:43 AM in response to basma284

As muguy said, it's a scam. And a fairly common one. You don't need to do anything except delete it. You don not need to change your Apple ID or Password. While you can certainly block the sender, it's likely not a real address and blocking this one won't prevent others.

See also:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

May 28, 2024 7:21 AM in response to basma284

Follow these steps to block the sender:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Scroll down and tap on Mail.
  3. Scroll down and tap on Block.
    1. Verify the sender is in the list, if not add them.

They have your email from somewhere so they can easily create another email and start sending you emails again. Usually when this is the case, I suggest setting up Mail Rules.

Mail Rules & Blocking:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap on Your Name (Apple ID).
  3. Tap on iCloud.
  4. Tap on iCloud Mail.
  5. Tap on iCloud Mail Rules.

Maybe try blocking on the subject? I don’t know what the subject is so I can’t help too much there.

1. Create a name - “Block Scammer”
  2. Next to Message, select has subject containing.
  3. Under Message, type the subject they’re using.
  4. Under Action, select Move to Trash.

and you should be all set!

May 28, 2024 7:37 AM in response to basma284

If able, I highly recommend paying for an iCloud+ subscription. This gives you access to Hide My Email. You can read more about it here - What is Hide My Email? - Apple Support. But basically, I create a different Hide My Email for every website, app, etc. I login into or anything that requires an email. If I get spam / junk mail, I can easily look up what website is giving out that information or was leaked from and just deactivate the email address (meaning no more mail would come in instead of setting up inbox rules).

Someone send me e mail that my icloud was hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.