Is there a way to get iMovies on my MacBook Air running Big Sur?

It is said that iMovies is free in Mac . But when I tried to install iMovies it requires macOs 13 or later. But my MacBook Air (early 2014) has Big sur 11.7.9 and it is the latest version even no other version after macOs 11 can be installed in this macbook air (early 2014). So please tell me how can I install iMovies in my MacBook.?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Jun 1, 2024 3:20 PM

2 replies

Jun 2, 2024 10:54 AM in response to Rizvy22

Hi,

If you bought your computer new iMovie should already be installed on it. Have you looked in your Mac's Applications folder?

In the event that you purchased your Mac new and iMovie is not shown in your Applications folder, try the following procedure to obtain the latest version of iMovie that your operating system is capable of running:

To update/redownload iMovie 10, sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there.

-- Rich

Jun 3, 2024 12:07 PM in response to Rizvy22

I am assuming that you bought a used Mac.

You can only follow Rich's instruction if you have downloaded iMovie before.

If not, it is difficult to get. If you still have contact with who you got it from, they can log in with their Apple ID, download it, log out of their Apple ID and you will have it on the computer. This only works if they have downloaded it before, too.

Is there a way to get iMovies on my MacBook Air running Big Sur?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.