Seamless working of siri across devices.

When i call out siri, only my mac responds and my iphone never does. With siri working seamlessly with multiple devices following could be its benefits :

1) When i call for siri on my iphone and the siri on my mac responds, i can simple tell it “No i want siri on my iphone to respond”. This will be helpful if you have lots of apple devices such as homepod,iphone,mac,etc.

2) After the AI features introduced in WWDC2024, when commanded, my siri should be able to learn my behaviors across my mac and my iphone such as ‘opening work apps on certain time of the day and turning on do not disturb ‘accordingly.

3) With siri connected across devices, It should have a way to notify me regarding various things such as to charge my iphone/mac as it gets low in battery

4) Siri, With the help of new AI features would be able to understand a emergency call to lets say 911 dispatchers and warn emergency contacts ,homepod devices about the danger.

5) It will drastically improve apples ecosystem as anything you tell siri to do , it can do it on any of your devices seamlessly.

If you found this helpful please like it.

MacBook Air, macOS 14.4

Posted on Jun 2, 2024 8:17 AM

1 reply

Jun 2, 2024 9:16 PM in response to bipin_G

Hi bipin_G

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: Seamless working of siri across devices.

Thank you kindly for posting your opinions, and ideas for extending Siri's capabilities to the community.

If you wish, you can send feedback, or a feature request to Apple, as they will not see it here.

(You might want to see Apple’s Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy before you send feedback.)

For feedback on Macs, devices, software etc: See: Product Feedback - Apple

_________________________________________________________________________________________

For anyone who comes here looking for current answers about Siri:

Apple Support has a couple of articles online that may be helpful :

(1) How Siri works with multiple devices - Apple Support

Eg says:

"Which device responds to your voice

When you say "Siri" or ”Hey Siri” near multiple devices, the devices use Bluetooth to communicate with each other and determine which one should respond to the request. The device that responds is the one that heard you best or was recently raised or used.

HomePod

responds to most Siri requests, even when other devices are nearby. To use Siri on a specific device, raise to wake that device or press the button to use Siri, then make your request."

NB: There are tips on "What to do if the wrong device responds" in the above article.

(2) For tips on how to use Siri on any particular kind of Apple device, the article below may be helpful:

Use Siri on all your Apple devices - Apple Support

All the best :-)

Seamless working of siri across devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.