Is it possible to upgrade the RAM in my Mac Studio?

I have 64GB of memory. Is it possible for the user to upgrade to install more RAM?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac Studio, macOS 14.4

Posted on Jun 2, 2024 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2024 9:41 AM

NO user upgrades after your Mac has been built. The only way to upgrade Apple-silicon Macs like yours is the same solution as if you wanted a larger engine in your car.

It makes NO SENSE to tear apart a perfectly good system when the upgrade is extremely tedious and there is no clear roadmap and a high risk of failure.

Instead, convert your perfectly good working Mac to Cash (by selling it) and use the Cash to buy a Mac that better meets your needs.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2024 9:41 AM in response to Hopflys

NO user upgrades after your Mac has been built. The only way to upgrade Apple-silicon Macs like yours is the same solution as if you wanted a larger engine in your car.

It makes NO SENSE to tear apart a perfectly good system when the upgrade is extremely tedious and there is no clear roadmap and a high risk of failure.

Instead, convert your perfectly good working Mac to Cash (by selling it) and use the Cash to buy a Mac that better meets your needs.

Jun 2, 2024 10:16 AM in response to Hopflys

64 GB of RAM is a lot. I'd suggest using the Memory Pressure graph in Activity Monitor to help determine if it is really holding you back.

Unless you're doing something that is extremely demanding with respect to RAM, I suspect that you are going to see all Green on the Memory Pressure graph, with "Swap Used: 0 bytes." The system may cache a lot of stuff in RAM, but that's normal. Completely unused RAM isn't doing any work for you. RAM holding cached data might help speed up things, if some program wants the cached data before it wants more RAM.

Is it possible to upgrade the RAM in my Mac Studio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.