Since updating to iOS 17.5.1 I have no service!

I updated my iPhone 13 two days ago and since updating my phone has no service. I tried a couple of different SIM cards… nothing. Followed all instructions online… nothing!

does anyone have any ideas? There’s no apple stores near me and my mobile provider are saying they can’t do anything as it’s not an issue with the sim.. HELP!

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 3, 2024 12:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2024 7:24 AM

Since updating to iOS 17.5.1 I have no cellular data service. Does anyone have a workaround for resolution?

24 replies

Jun 4, 2024 4:58 PM in response to Jaydeamandaa

Samething has happened to my fiancés iPhone 12 Pro Max. He did the new iOS update (17.5.1) last night an ever since then his phone says no sim or invalid sim. He’s unable to make or receive calls. He called our cell provider an they said that none of his information is connected to his SIM card. WTH?! So they have to send his account to another department a they’re supposed to get in touch ASAP! I hope they fix this issue because it’s BS!!!! Good luck!!!!

Jun 4, 2024 2:59 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for the pointless answer. There is countless issues and the apple store is overrun. After upgrading the SIM modules won't load even after suggested reboot, reset, testing other SIM etc.

The module - and all options - are gone.

OP - check if your SIM card works on another device.

Do you have any cellular options in your settings other than "configure"?

If no - contact Apple support and prepare for a way to the genius bar.

Dont' now if its software or hardware yet - will update if something worthwile comes up after my device returns.

Jun 8, 2024 1:42 PM in response to Jaydeamandaa

I performed the 17.5.1 Update almost 2 weeks ago. Ever since, several of my apps have stopped working. My phone will not shutdown at times. The battery is draining (I’m not running out for an upgrade). My texts messages won’t load at times. My emails arrive but I can’t download and view them. I have another iPhone under 17.4.1 and am not having any issues at all. My issues started the very moment I downloaded 17.5.1.

Jun 8, 2024 5:12 PM in response to SravanKrA

If only one network provider’s service lost on iPhone (assume there are no other serious bugs that can only solved by reset device) after update to 17.5.1, then it makes sense that the problem may is network provider. But now since there are many discussions that people with different network providers said they lost service after updated to 17.5.1, then it is clear that it is a new serious bug introduced by Apple, this is even not count other new serious bugs (like App Store unable restore in content restriction settings).

I just feels that mostly all systems around the world include iOS just all followed Windows’s trend: adding new features and fix previous bugs to enhance user experience, but also adding multiple bugs at the same time.

Jun 12, 2024 1:13 AM in response to Jaydeamandaa

i have the same problem, it occurs few days after updating to 17.5.1. previous it was perfectly fine until the update. i cant receive any signal. device not reading my sim card. i have try network reset and factory reset but the problem still persists. have bring the iphone 14 pro max to authorized dealer and they suggested me to inspect phone for the problem, which will cost for me around 25 usd. they also suspect motherboard problem and the cost for motherboard around 700 usd ++. This is totally unacceptable as my phone have not been any damaged or accident, just after the update the problem happen. fyi ive tried my sim card on others phone and its working perfectly. this is frustrating. any update or reccomend here since the phone already out of warrranty.

Jun 3, 2024 1:07 AM in response to Jaydeamandaa

It's not always the iOS update's fault!  Many things can cause phone problems.  If you tell people you think it's an iOS update, it might make it harder to fix or find a solution for the real issue.

Remember, the right question often leads to the solution! Please look in the right direction.

iOS updates aim to enhance user experience, boost security, and fix bugs rather than disrupt core features. The majority of the issues after updates might stem from underlying, unmentioned factors. Updates won't typically alter personal data but may refine settings or features. Backup before major updates for safety. Review Apple's update details and backup advice for a smooth process.

Kindly consider checking your settings and addressing any device issues before attributing the issue to external factors. This could be a pure coincidence that the iOS update affected the iPhone functions.

Before initiating a standard iOS update, it's advisable to create a backup. Have you completed this step? If yes, proceed with the restoration from the backup.

See what each update does: About iOS 17 Updates, About iOS 16 Updates, About iOS 15 Updates, About iOS 14 Updates, About iOS 13 Updates, About iOS 12 Updates, and so on...

Since updating to iOS 17.5.1 I have no service!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.