Missing available app updates in App Store/account with ios 17.5.1

My problem with latest ios update is that the app store/account page no longer shows the apps available to be updated. I had quite a few and now I can’t remember them all. I did update a couple that I did remember by searching in the app store and then each separately. When I called apple they said this was as expected in the new release, but that sounds crazy to me. Anyone else seeing this issue?

iPad Air, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jun 3, 2024 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2024 6:47 AM

I had this issue suddenly for about 24 hours and had to manually update apps. I did my own research and found that turning off the app updates and turning it on at settings (search App Store in the search bar at settings), it suddenly came back.

Edit (Important): After you do this, you go to the app store profile and refresh the page to fully reveal all the apps that is needed to be updated.

86 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2024 6:47 AM in response to Czarina6

I had this issue suddenly for about 24 hours and had to manually update apps. I did my own research and found that turning off the app updates and turning it on at settings (search App Store in the search bar at settings), it suddenly came back.

Edit (Important): After you do this, you go to the app store profile and refresh the page to fully reveal all the apps that is needed to be updated.

Jun 4, 2024 12:00 PM in response to Czarina6

I updated to 17.5.1 in the past 36 hours, also experiencing the exact same issue with App Store Icon...it has completely vanished from my phone.

I checked, and APP STORE is no where to be found on phone after the 17.5.1 update, and I have take the following steps, which none resolved the issue:

• ITunes & App Store > Installing Apps: "ALLOW"
  • Checked App Library: App Store is no longer there
  • Checked: App Store Icon is not hidden in any random folder
  • Power iPhone Completely off, 3x, 10-15min each time...no change
  • Settings > General > Transfer or Reset > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout....nothing, still no App Store

Jun 5, 2024 7:31 AM in response to Czarina6

I cannot even access the app store since the 17.5.1 update. I had it turned off through the content and privace restrictions to keep my son off of it. when he doesnt have my phone I turn it back on so I can download and update apps, but it wont even appear onn the home screen any longer when I turn it on through the privace restrictions. Obviously this 17.5.1 update is exceedingly buggy. It has created more issues than it fixed.

Jun 14, 2024 7:12 AM in response to JamieClark1

Same issue here with one of my kid's ipads that was updated to 17.5.1 about a week ago. App Store disappeared, can't be found in Search, and only pops up for about half a second when changing settings to "allow iTunes & App Store Purchases". Curiously, this is not the case with the same update on my other kid's ipad which was installed a few weeks prior.

Missing available app updates in App Store/account with ios 17.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.