I am unable to set up Touch ID on my iPad

My Touch ID no longer worked so I deleted the print and selected add a fingerprint. The initial screen came up then immediately went to a Failed screen, try again. I have tried - many times to no avail. I’ve done a hard restart with no success. Please help!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 4, 2024 7:45 AM

1 reply

Jun 4, 2024 8:38 AM in response to miabp

As described, your TouchID sensor may be faulty or has been disabled.

Have you recently has your iPad screen replaced? If yes, this would explain the problem - as the TouchID sensor will have been disabled if a non-OEM screen has been used, or if the screen was replaced by anyone other than an Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP).

Otherwise, you would be best advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support - and request a remote diagnostic test. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page.

Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases from Apple devices using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

I am unable to set up Touch ID on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.