Face ID only unlocks my iPhone lock, not working with Apps?

My Face ID is working fine, however, it now only unlocks my phone, it doesn’t open it as it always has, Face ID is opening all my apps, it’s not that. I think I changed something in settings maybe?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 11, 2024 5:27 AM

8 replies

Jun 11, 2024 6:49 AM in response to Susyart6

Susyart6 wrote:

My Face ID is working fine, however, it now only unlocks my phone, it doesn’t open it as it always has, Face ID is opening all my apps, it’s not that. I think I changed something in settings maybe?

FaceID will only open apps that are configured to use it. The third-party apps that I have that are most likely to use it are banking and healthcare apps. What apps are you trying to open with it?

Also, go to Settings>Face ID & Passcode>Use Face ID for: and turn on everything you want Face ID to work with. At the bottom of that list, under "Other Apps", you'll see the non-Apple apps that use Face ID.

Jun 11, 2024 7:09 AM in response to Ozzie1910

That's correct, no issues with Face ID, it is unlocking my phone and all my apps. The problem is my Face ID, for years now, doesn't just unlock my phone, but it also opened it at the same time. I'm now having to look at it, then manually swipe up to open the phone. The other thing that seems to have changed along with that, is I can't pop on my phone while it's in sleep mode, to quickly see the time or whatever it may be, that stopped working at the same time. Thanks for responding.

Face ID only unlocks my iPhone lock, not working with Apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.