I am a high end beauty,portait, fashion, editorial retoucher. Please help me

Ideal specifications for high end beauty, fashion, portrait retouching. Please help me , Is it ok below?

- Processor: 3.2GHz 8-core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz, 19MB cache

- Ram: 64GB 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory

- Hard drive: 1TB SSD

- Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 56 with 8GB HBM2 Memory

- Display: 27-inch Retina 5K 5120 x 2880, 500 nits brightness, Wide color (P3)

- Webcam: 1080p FaceTime

- 4 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports: Output 2 more 5K@60Hz screens (5,120 x 2,880) or 4 4K@60Hz screens (3,840 x 2,160) or 4 4K@60Hz screens (4,096 x 2,304); 4 x USB 3.0

- 3.5mm port, memory card slot, Ethernet 10Gbps, Wi-Fi ac, BT 4.2

- Dimensions: 650 x 516 x 203 mm

- Weight: 9.7 kg

iMac 27″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 12, 2024 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2024 9:54 AM

Are those the system requirements for the software you use? If so, this is an issue:

- Processor: 3.2GHz 8-core Intel Xeon W processor,

if that is the only processor the software can use. The last Mac that used Xeon processors, the Mac Pro (not iMac Pro) was discontinued a year ago. The iMac Pro with Xeon processor was discontinued over three years ago.

If shopping for a new computer, you need to contact the software developer to see if they support Apple Silicon. If they do not, you'll need to shop for a Windows computer.

I checked the Apple refurb site and none of the refurbed Mac Pro models currently available have Xeon processors.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2024 9:54 AM in response to binh237

Are those the system requirements for the software you use? If so, this is an issue:

- Processor: 3.2GHz 8-core Intel Xeon W processor,

if that is the only processor the software can use. The last Mac that used Xeon processors, the Mac Pro (not iMac Pro) was discontinued a year ago. The iMac Pro with Xeon processor was discontinued over three years ago.

If shopping for a new computer, you need to contact the software developer to see if they support Apple Silicon. If they do not, you'll need to shop for a Windows computer.

I checked the Apple refurb site and none of the refurbed Mac Pro models currently available have Xeon processors.

I am a high end beauty,portait, fashion, editorial retoucher. Please help me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.