Cached Exchange Mode Outlook365

Could you please provide information on whether it is possible to enable the on Cached Exchange Mode option in Outlook 365 for MacBook?

This option exists in the Windows system. Here is a description of how it works:

https://gopalagarwal-it.medium.com/how-to-enable-or-disable-cached-exchange-mode-746417e34fd6

I posted this question on the Microsoft forum, but the response I received seems incorrect.

I received a response that this option can be enabled on a MacBook:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/keep-offline-setting-macos/9833359b-bb88-4c85-aceb-fbd89bff8c6d?messageId=218f95ec-958c-4a1b-84c7-16353e6a6827

Is it possible ?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 12, 2024 10:14 PM

1 reply

Jun 13, 2024 10:34 PM in response to Errni

Unfortunately, Outlook 365 for MacBook currently (June 14, 2024) doesn't offer a direct equivalent to Cached Exchange Mode available in Outlook for Windows. This mode allows you to work with emails offline on your Windows machine.

Here's a quick recap:

• Cached Exchange Mode (Windows): Downloads and stores a copy of your emails and mailbox data on your computer. This enables offline access.
  • Outlook 365 for Mac (Current): Doesn't have a built-in option for this functionality.

However, there are ways to improve your experience on the MacBook even without cached mode:

• IMAP:
    • Make sure your email accounts are set to IMAP. This stores emails on the server and downloads only the content you view, minimizing storage usage on your MacBook.
  • Regular Connection:
    • Maintaining a frequent internet connection allows Outlook to access and display your emails as needed.
  • Outlook Web App:
    • Consider using the Outlook Web App on your MacBook's browser for occasional offline access. This web version allows you to view and manage some emails even without an internet connection.

While there's no perfect replacement for Cached Exchange Mode, these tips can help you manage your emails effectively on your MacBook.

Hope this will help you feel free to ask questions regarding this.

Cached Exchange Mode Outlook365

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.