I have an iMac running the latest os and am having troble migrating its info to the MacBook Pro I just bought. Can you help me?

I have an iMac running the latest version of monterey and am trying to migrate to my Mac MacBook Pro which is running sonoma and am having no luck. Can you help me?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 15, 2024 9:15 AM

1 reply

Jun 15, 2024 10:19 AM in response to sammymann1313

sammymann1313 wrote:

I have an iMac running the latest version of monterey and am trying to migrate to my Mac MacBook Pro which is running sonoma and am having no luck. Can you help me?

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Transfer to a new Mac with Migration Assistant - Apple Support

On any new purchase you have 90-day complimentary call in support. I would take advantage of this one-on-on if you are in need of assistance.

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

I have an iMac running the latest os and am having troble migrating its info to the MacBook Pro I just bought. Can you help me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.