Find Apple ID used to install iPhone app

On a daily basis I'm receiving a popup on my iPhone asking me to sign in to an old Apple ID in order to update an app. The Apple ID is no longer active and the email associated with it has been deleted long ago and the popup doesn't specify which app is still associated with the old Apple ID.

How can I determine the Apple ID associated with each app on my iPhone? I don't want to have to re-download all of my apps.

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 15, 2024 11:32 AM

4 replies

Jun 16, 2024 7:46 AM in response to the_mighty_puma

You are correct that iTunes used to show the Apple ID associated with the app and it is no longer possible to view this information when connecting your iPhone to a computer. I don't know why that has been changed. Trial and error seems to be the only method now by deleting an app and then go to the App Store to redownload it again. Don't forget the apps that may not be on one of your Home Screens, but still in the App Library. If it shows "Get" or the purchase price, then that app was not using your Apple ID and with a cloud symbol it can be redownloaded.

If you are able to find a different method that works for you, then please post it here. You can also send Feedback to Apple. They won't respond to a Feedback submission, but they are reviewed.

Product Feedback - Apple

Jun 15, 2024 1:36 PM in response to Mac Jim ID

Through my research this seemed possible in the past through iTunes, but iTunes has been deprecated. If the iPhone is aware of an app's Apple ID, do you know why they'd decided to prevent the user from seeing it? I really hope this is not the case..

I've reviewed my purchase history through the App Store and compared that with all of the apps on my phone, but they all showed up in the history.

Find Apple ID used to install iPhone app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.