iPhone 15 Pro Max Auto Focus and screen touch location misaligned?

I know there have been other posts, but I am able to recreate this issue in several third party apps. When I place an auto focus reticle directly over what I would like to be the main focus, it is always off. When I use a manual focus slider and a focus loupe I can get closer to good focus.

This picture was taken using the auto focus function within Cinema P3 Camera with the target of the reticle directly over the orange flower:

I then engaged the manual focus with the focus loupe and was able to dial in a better focus on the orange flower. It’s not that easy to see exactly how well it’s focused, but it is clearly better than the first image:

It seems like the screen touch location and the actual focus area are not aligned. I’m going to head to the Apple Store this week to see if they can do anything about it.

Posted on Jun 17, 2024 11:11 AM

1 reply

Jun 20, 2024 7:16 PM in response to Shuamondo

The Apple Store replaced my camera sensor which was throwing an error. Issue persisted. I tested the 15 SE, 15 and 15 Pro at the store. The SE and regular 15 photos were super sharp. The pro had the exact same issue as my phone. The tech came out with his 15 pro and also had the same issue. This is complete BS. I’m ******. Clearly there are major issues not being addressed, and for the money I paid and the heavy emphasis on the camera quality, I have been ripped off.

iPhone 15 Pro Max Auto Focus and screen touch location misaligned?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.